Friday, April 3

Power Outage

Yesterday, after returning home from dinner at Cafe Corazon in Milwaukee's Riverwest neighborhood, our neighbors, along with my wife and I, experienced a total power outage in the apartment building that both my wife and I manage and live at. The power failed around seven thirty p.m. on Thursday evening on April 2nd. After ten hours without power the building was finally brought back online at five thirty a.m. on April 3rd. The outage affected both the electric and water utilities throughout the entire building, rendering those utilities unusable. Regardless, it provided the tenants in our building an opportunity to grab some beers and a boom box and make the best of the situation, while congregating on the front steps. Being a manager of the building I had to remain present while the repairs were made. I did manage to grab my camera a get a few shots during the night. I also found some time to get some sleep between two and five thirty a.m. this morning. I should note that We Energies worked pretty efficiently during this time. They couldn't give us a repair time estimate but they were very nice and worked nonstop until the power was restored.